Documents and Forms Available for Download
If there are other forms or documents you would like to
have here, please contact
available in RTF (Rich Text Format) which can be opened in most word
or in PDF (Portable Document Format) which can be opened with Acrobat
Reader. If you do
not have Acrobat Reader installed on your computer, you can download a
free copy of the latest version from Adobe.
COURSE RATING AND SLOPE VALUES FOR EDWGA GOLF COURSES
Team Rules and Procedures
1. Teams compete for the circulating McBrier Cup, which is
presented to the winning club at the annual meeting in the fall.
2. 20 points will be awarded at each interclub date.
3. All members will participate in the point system.
a) Low Gross and Low Net to 4 places with 10 points to be
allotted to each division.
||First Low Gross
||First Low Net
||Second Low Gross
||Second Low Net
||Third Low Gross
||Third Low Net
||Fourth Low Gross
||Fourth Low Net
b) A member can only receive one set of points within the
c) Each Club Representative or an appointed member will be in
charge of collecting the results from each member who plays in that
day's tournament. They will then hand in the results to the Vice
President. The results will be given at that day's tournament or at the
next scheduled interclub tournament but at the final tournament of the
year the points will be awarded that day and as will the Team Trophy.
4. Pairings for the field shall be done by handicap.
5. The Erie and Downing Golf Clubs may field one team. This
option must be declared prior to the first match each year and remain
in effect throughout that season.
6. The Riverside and Culbertson Hills Golf Clubs may field one
team. This option must be declared prior to the first match each year
and remain in effect throughout that season.
Duties of Club Representative
- The Club Representative, appointed by her club, shall serve
for one year.
- She shall notify all members of her club of all E.D.W.G.A.
- She shall collect dues which shall be
turned over to the Treasurer with a complete list of names, addresses,
and telephone numbers of members from her club.
- She shall procure members from her club for membership, and
submit reservations, including team members, to the host representative
not later than Tuesday of the week preceding the tournament. No woman
shall be eligible to compete for prizes or shall be paired until her
dues are paid. Late entries will be allowed at the discretion of the
- She shall submit with each reservation the converted handicap
to the host representative for each tournament.
- Cancellations may be replaced by the starter only on
tournament day. Pairing changes to be made by the starter only on
tournament day. Exception: In the event of cancellation by a team
player, the club representative or team captain may move the next
lowest index up to team position.
- The cost of food for each event is limited to $20.00
- $1.00 should be added to the entry fee to cover bag-boy
tipping when that service is provided by the host club.
- EACH CLUB REPRESENTATIVE IS RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSURING THAT THE
MOST CURRENT COURSE RATING AND SLOPE FOR THEIR HOME COURSE IS
AVAILABLE. IF YOUR COURSE IS
RE-RATED, SUBMIT THE RESULTS VIA E-MAIL SO IT CAN
BE POSTED ON THIS PAGE AS WELL AS ON THE HOME PAGE.
- EACH CLUB REPRESENTATIVE IS ALSO RESPONSIBLE FOR OBTAINING THE
CURRENT INDEX CHART FROM THIS SITE TO CONVERT HANDICAPS AND FOR USING
COURSE RATING AND SLOPE FOR POSTING SCORES. THE CURRENT CHARTS ARE
AVAILABLE BELOW FOR
DOWNLOADING. IF ANYONE NEEDS ASSISTANCE, PLEASE CONTACT CAROL MAXWELL.
- Place on your bulletin board for all EDWGA events at least a
month before the first tourney.
- State date and day of event
- Site, Starting Time and special information i.e. lunch, carts,
index, name, deadline for sign-up and cancellation.
- Pairings shall be done by handicap. It is advisable for the
rep to review the pairings from previous tournaments to avoid having
members playing with the same competitors at multiple events. Pairings
will be archived on the "TeeTimes" page of the EDWGA web site.
- No handicap to be over 28. All over 28 unearned handicap to be
in one flight. Pair this group according to index, but place 28
handicap on tourney sheet.
Pairings Sheet Format:
- Location, Date, and Time in Header
- A "Table format" is preferred. Tee assignment plus names of
players in the group with home club initials in parentheses, all in one
row. Double-spaced lines will facilitate making changes.
- Email pairings to each club rep and to the Webmaster by
Thursday of the week prior to the tournament. Thursday is deadline for
Sunday's paper. FAX, Mail, or hand deliver.
Flighted Tournament Sheets:
- List participants according to handicap on the tourney sheets
with approximately 17-22 in each flight. Naturally, all flights will
not have the same number of players. i.e. you have 25 with handicaps of
25 and 26, all can be in the same flight. All unearned 28 handicappers
are in the same flight playing to a 28 maximum.
- It is recommended that each rep assure that adjusted scores
are posted for handicap purposes by submitting the scores to her club
professional for posting. In the case where there is no professional,
she should check that her members have accurately posted their
tournament scores and firmly remind them to do so within three (3) days
of the event. If necessary, learn how to post for her members.
- Shall have an established U.S.G.A. maximum index based on 20
eighteen-hole rounds to be eligible for membership. One may join any
time of the season. For the first year, a new member's index must be
maintained at or below the entry index. After the first year,
membership continues upon payment of the yearly dues regardless of
index. In the event membership is cancelled, the current index
requirement stands for re-entry.